The Evolution of
The North American Union
The Final Stage in the NAFTA/Corporate Globalization
October 3, 1987: The 20-chapter Canada–United States Free Trade Agreement (CUSFTA or FTA) is finalized. U.S. trade representative Clayton Yeutter offers this observation: "We've signed a stunning new trade pact with Canada. The Canadians don't understand what they've signed. In twenty years, they will be sucked into the U.S. economy.
In 1993, Jean Chretien and The Liberal Party, after having promised, as part of their "Red Book" campaign platform, in the national election then taking place, to "renegotiate NAFTA", almost immediately thereafter, before the year was out, in December, evoking memories as well of another promise to scrap the GST, which is still with us, signed the NAFTA without any changes-, knuckling under to US pressure to do so.
But which was and is not the end of the matter, of course, because already "business elite class" continentalist forces were further gathering and marshaling their forces to build their case and advocate for an even closer "Union" with Amerika, later to include Mexico.
September, 1999: The Canadian right-wing think tank the Fraser Institute publishes a paper by Herbert G. Grubel titled "The Case for the Amero: The Economics and Politics of a North American Monetary Union." In the paper Grubel argues that a common currency is not inevitable but it is desirable. See: The Case for the Amero
- August 30, 2001: The Institute for International Economics issues a press release advocating that the United States and Mexico should use the occasion of the visit of President Vicente Fox of Mexico on September 4-7 to develop a North American Community as advocated by Robert Pastor in his book "Toward a North American Community." See: A Blueprint for a North American Community
- December 2001: New U.S. Ambassador to Canada Paul Cellucci publicly advocates "NAFTA-plus". See: The Emergence of a North American Community?
- September 11, 2002: The National Post publishes an article by Alan Gotlieb, the chairman of the Donner Canadian Foundation and Canada's ambassador to the United States from 1981 to 1989, titled "Why not a grand bargain with the U.S.?" In the article, Gotlieb asks "Rather than eschewing further integration with the United States, shouldn't we be building on NAFTA to create new rules, new tribunals, new institutions to secure our trade? Wouldn't this 'legal integration' be superior to ad hoc responses and largely ineffective lobbying to prevent harm from Congressional protectionist sorties? Wouldn't our economic security be enhanced by establishing a single North American competitive market without anti-dumping and countervail rules? Are there not elements of a grand bargain to be struck, combining North American economic, defence and security arrangements within a common perimeter?" See: Why not a grand bargain with the U.S.?
Good evening, everybody. Tonight, an astonishing proposal to expand our borders to incorporate Mexico and Canada and simultaneously further diminish U.S. sovereignty. Have our political elites gone mad?Lou Dobbs on Lou Dobbs Tonight, June 9, 2005
- January 2006: Conservative Stephen Harper is elected Prime Minister of Canada with a minority government
- March 31, 2006: At the Summit of the Americas in Cancun, Canada (under new Prime Minister Stephen Harper) along with the U.S. and Mexico release the Leaders' Joint Statement. The statement presents six action points to move toward a North American Union, aka a North American Community. These action points include: 1) Establishment of a Trilateral Regulatory Cooperative Framework 2) Establishment of the North American Competitiveness Council (NACC) 3) Provision for North American Emergency Management 4) Provision for Avian and Human Pandemic Influenza Management 5) Development of North American Energy Security 6) Assure Smart, Secure North American Borders. Read the full statement at: Leaders' Joint Statement
The US scholar, Daneen G. Peterson, PH.D., (See ** below) says treason abounds in Canada and the U.S. over this elite sponsored, and surreptitious move toward a North American Union (NAU)
The American people and Canadians are being betrayed by government cabals associated with the U.S. George W. Bush administration and Stephen Harper government who are bent on destroying national sovereignty in order to create a North American Union. The miscreants include many who function at the highest levels in our government. Many hold membership in the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and the Trilateral Commission and pursue a subversive agenda. The cabal is deliberately circumventing the U.S. Congress and 'We the People' [and the Parliament of Canada] in blatant violation of U.S. and Canadian Constitutions. Collectively they are committing TREASON. In America specifically, If you continue to believe that the "illegal alien invasion" is the biggest threat to America, you will never understand that there is something far more dangerous to our country called the "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America" (SPP). As bad as the illegal immigration situation is... you will learn that the U.S. is in dire peril far exceeding the "illegal alien" problem.
Further, in the online national magazine, The Canadian, she advises:
Educate yourself. For example, read what your own government has posted on their official websites such as the Whitehouse.gov, SPP.gov, State.gov and Canada.USembassy.gov. You will be aghast at the nearly complete destruction of our sovereignty, Bill of Rights, Constitution, laws, Republic, and freedoms they have ALREADY achieved. This heinous ongoing treason has been engineered by an entrenched cabal of legislators, courts, military brass, and government employees in this and prior administrations. The tyranny is being facilitated by hundreds of people embedded at all levels of the executive branch constituting a so called 'Shadow Government' who are working in concert to dismantle this country in plain sight. The agenda was engineered by political-military-industrial elites and kept secret by their deliberately mute media collaborators.
Many in the U.S. Senate AND the House AND the Executive (and their counterparts in the Stephen Harper government in Canada) are working in concert to create a North American Union. They are capitalists whose agenda is authoritarianism, which makes them classic fascists. These elites embrace the concept of a world run by a wealthy few, which they apparently believe will be themselves. Their goal is to achieve the few remaining unfulfilled tenets of a sort of Fascist Manifesto in order to put an end to America, along with Canada and Mexico.
Anti-globalization protesters in Mexico
The hour is late of course, and much of the populace is blissfully unaware for want of information and context, in which the corporatist media is complicit, or all merely somnambulate. There is desperate need of both a militant and broader nationalist movements to emerge in this country, in order to turn this state of the populace around and organize its willingness and capacity to resist. Additionally, it needs to be directed toward rebuilding posthaste, the independent economic and political self-sufficiency of this country, where necessary wresting control of threatened economic assets from their corporate owners, while at the same time building solidarity alliances across the hemisphere with all who have a shared "resistance to the US Empire ambition" interest with us. Which doesn't exclude progressive US citizens either, as part of the laying a foundation, on the other side of this period, to formulating and establishing the preconditions for new friendly relations between all peoples-, based on mutual respect for each others independence and shared need for self-sufficiency first however.
** Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., an author who writes and speaks about the illegal alien problem and the coming North American Union. Her articles are heavily researched and referenced with 'clickable' URLs that will take the reader directly to the source material. Her accompanying photos and graphics add to her vivid exposes. All of her articles can be found archived on the StopTheNorthAmericanUnion.com website.
At one time she was a professor at both Temple and Jefferson Universities in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where she taught behavioral science research statistics and methodology. After leaving academia, she created and directed the first Department of Research and Program Evaluation for Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America's National Office in Philadelphia.
Dr. Peterson is currently researching and writing on the issue of the One World Order and the United States Government's covert acts to create a North American Union without consent of Congress or 'We The People.'** Much of the reference material here was secured from ViveleCanada, though from other sources as well.